For those who were unable to make it to tryouts last week, two supplemental tryouts will be held on on June 13th and June 15th from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Memorial Stadium.
More Shield summer camp information here.
Please register even if you only intend to come to the first two hours for tryouts.
Tryouts are free, as always.
Those attending the tryouts ONLY (first two hours of camp) pay nothing.
Those players attending the entire day of camp pay $150 for the day.
Any camp attendees who subsequently are offered and accept Shield positions
will receive $150 off of their player’s fees.
Supplemental Competitive Player Evaluations
June 13 and 15
8:00 – 10:00 AM
Memorial Stadium in Asheville
Who Can Try Out:
Young men and young women
Birth years 2000 – 2005
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- Valid copy of birth certificate. (Does not have to be certified.)
- Completed Player Packet. (Request yours here.)
- Adequate hydration for intense, 1 hour session.
There is NO FEE to tryout for Asheville Shield competitive soccer.
* Player packet may be completed and emailed to ASFC before tryouts.
Email completed documents here.
- Players should be prompt, prepared and ready to engage.
- Turn in your paperwork to receive your evaluation.
- Parent/family interaction with the coaching and evaluation staff is strictly prohibited during tryouts.
Any player in an eligible age group is welcome to tryout.
Not all who tryout will make a team.
What Comes After Tryouts:
- Players will be notified of their placement via email within 5 days of the final tryout date (by June 20, 2017.)
- Players will have 3 days to accept their position (by June 23, 2017.)
- Players accepting Classic positions will pay a non-refundable $250.00 deposit and their $165 uniform fee, in full.
- Players who attended and paid for a full day of camp and were subsequently offered positions on a Shield team will deduct $150 from his/her player fees.
Classic Division Fees
$250 non-refundable deposit
Required to secure a player’s position upon his/her acceptance. Your deposit will apply to the $700 player fee.
$700 ASFC club fee per player/per season.
After $250 deposit, $450 in club fees remain.
Installment plan available.
$165 uniform kit per player.
(optional warm ups will be available)
Financial assistance for those who qualify.
Email to inquire
Included in the ASFC Classic club fee:
League registration fee.
No additional fees.
No hidden costs.
No player fundraising drives.
What the Fee Covers:
All age groups
- Licensed, collegiate level coaches, one (1) per team.
- Two (2) training sessions per week (mandatory) at UNCA or other Asheville field.
- Minimum of nine (9) competitive matches per season.
- Structured strength training program for the summer, available only to Shield Classic players.
- Four (4) day camps run by affiliate International Players.
– Free to registered Shield Classic players.
– $150.00 to non-Shield players, with limited slots available.
U16 – U18
- One (1) ID tournament in the fall for men and one (1) ID tournament in the fall for women.
- One (1) tournament at the beginning of the season.
- One (1) tournament at the end of the season.
U13 – U15
Three (3) tournaments per season, dates/locations TBD.
* Player is responsible for individual lodging and meal expenses associated with tournament travel.
Asheville City Soccer Club Player Evaluators
Drop us an email!
Mark Girardi, Club President and acting Classic team manager –
Josh Shemroske, Head Coach – U18 Men –
Kyle Stewart – Head Coach – U17 Men –
Erika Conrad, Club Vice President and Communications Director