Asheville Shield FC Competitive Soccer Tryouts
Anyone wishing to play competitive soccer – whether it’s Classic or Challenge division – must come to player evaluations on May 29-31.
Competitive Player Evaluations
THERE IS NO FEE TO TRYOUT
FOR ASHEVILLE SHIELD
May 29, 30, and 31, 2017
6:30 – 8:15 PM
UNCA Main Field
Who Can Try Out:
Young men and young women
U13 – U18
Birth years 2000 – 2005
What to Bring to Tryouts:
- Valid copy of birth certificate. (Does not have to be certified.)
- Completed Player Packet. (Request yours here.)
- Adequate hydration for intense, 1 hour session.
There is NO FEE to tryout for Asheville Shield competitive soccer.
* Player packet may be completed and emailed to ASFC before tryouts.
Email completed documents here.
- Players should be prompt, prepared and ready to engage.
- Turn in your paperwork at the ASFC volunteer table to receive your player number.
- Parent/family interaction with the coaching and evaluation staff is strictly prohibited during tryouts.
- It is highly recommended that players attend 2 of the 3 sessions to insure a proper evaluation.
Note to U13 and U14 players: There is a conflict on May 31 with the other local club’s tryouts. If you wish to try out for both clubs, and we encourage everyone to do so, you need to plan to be at the May 29 and 30 Shield tryouts so you will meet the 2 out of 3 tryout minimum requirement.
Teams/divisions will be formed on the basis of turnout and player skill/talent level.
Any player in an eligible age group is welcome to tryout.
Not all who tryout will make a team.
What Comes After Tryouts:
- Players will be notified of their placement via email within 5 days of the final tryout date (by June 5, 2017.)
- Classic positions will awarded first, followed by Challenge positions, turnout dependent.
- Players will have 3 days to accept their position (by June 8, 2017.)
- Players accepting Classic positions will pay a non-refundable $250.00 deposit and their $165 uniform fee, in full.
- Players accepting Challenge positions will be notified of player fees (TBD) prior to making their final commitment.
Classic Division Fees
CLICK HERE TO PAY DEPOSIT OR CLASSIC PLAYER FEES
$250 non-refundable deposit
Required to secure a player’s position upon his/her acceptance. Your deposit will apply to the $700 player fee.
$700 ASFC club fee per player/per season.
After $250 deposit, $450 in club fees remain.
Installment plan available.
$165 uniform kit per player.
(optional warm ups will be available)
Financial assistance for those who qualify.
Email to inquire
Included in the ASFC Classic club fee:
League registration fee.
No additional fees.
No hidden costs.
No player fundraising drives.
What the Fee Covers:
All age groups
- Licensed, collegiate level coaches, one (1) per team.
- Two (2) training sessions per week (mandatory) at UNCA or other Asheville field.
- Minimum of nine (9) competitive matches per season.
- Structured strength training program for the summer, available only to Shield Classic players.
- Four (4) day camps run by affiliate International Players.
– Free to registered Shield Classic players.
– $150.00 to non-Shield players, with limited slots available.
U16 – U18
- One (1) ID tournament in the fall for men and one (1) ID tournament in the fall for women.
- One (1) tournament at the beginning of the season.
- One (1) tournament at the end of the season.
U13 – U15
Three (3) tournaments per season, dates/locations TBD.
* Player is responsible for individual lodging and meal expenses associated with tournament travel.
Challenge Division Fees
Player fees TBD. (They will be less than the club fees for Classic.)
Josh Shemroske – Head Coach, U18 Men
Kyle Stewart – Head Coach, U17 Men
Asheville City Soccer Club Player Evaluators
Mitchell Botfield – England
Jack Miller – Scotland
Cameron Saul – England
Thomas Seery – England
Christian Szalay – Austria
Drop us an email!
Mark Girardi, Club President and acting Classic team manager –
Josh Shemroske, Head Coach – U18 Men –
Kyle Stewart – Head Coach – U17 Men –
Angela Bartlett, Director of Volunteers